One of the biggest style challenges I have faced was in choosing a wedding dress when I got married (for the first time!) in my 50’s – every bride wants to look fantastic on her wedding day.
However the ‘Mature Bride’ has to be particularly conscious of the style and colour choices she makes for her wedding dress.
Here’s a photo from my wedding day with my lovely husband, John. You can decide whether I made the right decision for my ‘hourglass’ figure and warm/soft colouring ….
I chose a fairly traditional design as I wanted the experience of wearing a “wedding dress” but, even so, I remember feeling daunted by the range of ‘whites’ and ‘ivories’ available, before I even got to thinking about the shape, design and fabric of my dress!
Many ‘Mature Brides’ are marrying for the second or even third time and hence may be looking for a different look to the traditional wedding dress.
Whatever your preference, I can work with you to guide you towards making the style choice that will reflect the unique you, on this special day. You can rely on me for an honest and empathetic approach to help you in making these crucial decisions.
The 3-hour consultation will include:
- A full Signature Colour analysis, with a special focus on the ‘wow’ shades that will work best for your wedding dress and accessories
- A full Signature Style analysis so that you are clear on the dress styles that will suit your body shape, personality and the vision you have for your wedding day
- Suggestions for accessories, such as your headwear, shoes and bag, to suit your scale and proportions
- Jewellery styling for you and other members of the wedding party (mother/in law of the bride, bridesmaids/maids of honour/best ladies) from the beautiful Stella & Dot range (see images below and my jewellery & accessories page)
- Recommended hairstyles to suit your face shape
- A personalised 42 colour swatch wallet, with focus on whites, creams and accent colours for your wedding
- A personalised Bridal Style Guide, full of hints and tips to make shopping for your wedding dress and accessories a breeze
- A copy of ‘Be a Beautiful Bride’ by Colour Me Beautiful
How much does it cost?
£260 for a 1:1 consultation
Bring along a friend or relative and “upgrade” to include afternoon tea with a glass of Prosecco in the conservatory (or even in the garden if the weather is good enough!) for an additional £12 each.
A Personal Shopping trip to help you choose the dress and accessories that are perfect for you – £40 per hour. Minimum 2 hours.
Colour/Style advice for other members of the wedding party (e.g. friends and relatives) – price on application, based on numbers involved.
Wedding day make-up with a specialised make-up artist – price on application.
Colour/Style advice for your partner/husband to be. (Yes, a similar process will work for them, too!) – price on application, based on numbers involved.
Contact me today to arrange your ‘Mature Bride’ consultation or to tailor a special package to meet your needs.
A Bridal consultation can also make a fabulous engagement/wedding present – You can buy an eGift Card online for any of these services here.